Stop worrying about what other people think of you. They don’t even think about you that much.
Here are 7 reasons why you should let go of your toxic need for approval and stop caring what others say or think about you:
1. No one else but yourself knows what you are going through in life. No matter how much you try to explain this to them, no one will ever understand the way you feel. Believe me. People’s opinions portray their own attitude about a certain issue. They are often based on what they would do if they were in your place. They listen to you and they speak from their point of you. There are people who prefer to be neutral and be objective when it comes to sharing their opinions. But they are rare. Most people’s opinions are always influenced by their own personal feelings and preferences or in other words, subjective.
2. Some of them will never like you, no matter what you do. Always remind yourself of this sentence. Especially when you are going mad over someone else’s opinion about how you should live your life. You are not here to satisfy people. And even if you were, trust me, you would never make it. So, live your life the way you want to and let others talk. That’s the only thing they can do anyway.
3. You are the only person who knows what’s best for you. You are the one who knows what makes you happy and what makes you cry. You are the one who knows what fills your heart with joy and what makes you uncomfortable. Let yourself be the judge of what you are going to accept and what you are going to avoid in life.
4.The only reason they judge you and hate you is because they are unhappy with their lives. In most cases, this is the truth. People who are happy with where they are in life and people who are satisfied with themselves will never waste their time meddling in yours. That’s just how it goes. The only people who do that are the ones who couldn’t achieve what you have.
5. Your life is your own journey. You get to decide how you live it. It’s your journey. Your rules. Your choices. Your decisions. Your mistakes. Your life. You are the one responsible for the way you live it. Letting other people’s opinions affect you only give them more power and control over you.
6. Life is too short to live it according to other people’s rules. Ahh, indeed it is. When you think about how many times you’ve let other people’s opinions get you down and you realize that all of those seconds, minutes, days and months combined probably make a year or two of worrying what others think of your decisions, you come to a conclusion that none of that was worthy…
7. Your mistakes are yours, as well. The consequences will teach you the lessons you need to know. In the end, even if you do make a mistake… You are the one stuck with the results of your actions. It’s not them. It’s you. So own it up. After all, it is all for your own good. Live it, learn it, right?