Regardless of what you believe in, your thoughts really shape your life.
They shape your mind. The shape your surroundings. They shape your entire world. Your entire reality. Everything that you experience on a daily basis.
So, tell me, how are you feeling lately? Are you happy? Or you feel like something is constantly standing in the way of your happiness?
If the answer is positive, well…NEWS FLASH.
You are the only thing that is standing in the way of your happiness. As I said, regardless of whether you believe this or not, your life is a reflection of your thoughts. What consumes your mind, eventually takes control over yourself.
Here are 7 toxic thoughts that keep making your life a living hell without you realizing it:
1. What will other people think of me… Hey, who cares what people think of you? I can tell you for sure that most of the time, they aren’t even thinking. So, why waste your time and energy on them? Your opinion of yourself is the only thing that matters.
2. I am a failure…Guess what? So is anybody else. We’re human beings, my dear. We are flawed creatures. We are programmed to make mistakes. We are born to learn from them and develop with time. Our failures are our opportunities to start over.
3. I am not good enough for my partner… Well, if you are in a relationship with someone who makes you feel this way, I’d say, you better reanalyze what your relationship is based on and rethink your decisions. The only person that you have to be good enough for is yourself.
4. I hate my life…It’s okay. I’ve been there. We’ve all been there. It is tough. It’s insufferable. It is very hard to get out of such a painful loop and pretend that you are fine. You shouldn’t pretend that you are strong if you don’t feel like it. Don’t hesitate to ask for help. You shouldn’t have to go through this on your own.
5. I need to wait for the right time… No. There is no such thing as the right time. There is no wrong time either. It is your mind that makes you doubt yourself and convinces you that you are not ready. The truth is, you’ll never be ready… Life will always be life. Unpredictable. Strange. Scary. Trust your gut and keep moving.
6. I am better than everyone…The truth is, you are not. And that kind of thinking will get you nowhere. If you’ve been blessed with more opportunities in life, you’ve taken advantage of every single one of them the best way that you could and that brought you closer to success, congratulations to you. But that doesn’t mean that you have to treat everyone like less.
7.I am afraid…Aren’t we all? Yet, we still manage to somehow overcome the obstacles along the way and move on like nothing ever happened. Fear may cast a large shadow, but in reality, fear is truly small and insignificant. It is you who have the ultimate power to feed it or starve it to death.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to share it with your loved ones.