Self-esteem. I could probably talk about it for hours.
Self-esteem is the judgment or the opinion we hold about ourselves. It is what determines our lives. Our past, our present, our future. Our entire existence.
The sad thing is, not all of us know that it is exactly our self-confidence or the lack thereof that determines the course of our lives. That is why most of the people out there spend an eternity blaming others for every failure, every mistake and every obstacle that life faces them with. They waste hours, months and years of their lives without realizing that the key to both their happiness and success is already somewhere deep within their souls.
I don’t know what is stopping you from being who you want to be right now, but I want you to know that YOU, my dear, are good enough. It is finally time to get out of your shell and show your true colors to the world.
Here are seven confidence-killing behaviors that you need to get rid of if you want to live a better life:
1. Feeling the need to always be right. I don’t care if you think that you are always right. The truth is, you are not. And you know what? That’s is not a quality of a self-confident person. That only shows how immature and insecure you truly are. A confident person is not afraid to admit when they’re wrong.
2. Getting caught up in the unnecessary drama. We all know people who enjoy getting themselves into conflicts for no apparent reason. People like these always have to say something. They always have a comeback, even though sometimes it’s not a rational one. Don’t be that person. Stay out of troubles, Instead of being angry, choose to forgive and move on.
3. Seeking validation from others. You should never ever let the opinions of others define who you are. The only opinion that concerns you is the opinion that you have for yourself. Think about it. You are the only one who determines your self-worth. So, why bother what others think of you? After all, they don’t even think about you that much…
4. Pitying yourself. Trust me, wallowing in self-pity won’t get you anywhere. If anything, it will only put you down. Instead of asking yourself “WHY ME?” And blaming the whole world for your issues, start looking at the bigger picture. If you are constantly going through the same issues over and over again, it is time to embrace them and start learning from them.
5. Letting failure discourage you. I’ve said it a thousand times. Failures shouldn’t discourage you, they should motivate you to keep moving forward. Also, it is not the failures that prevent you from reaching your goals, it is your fear. Remember that.
6. Avoiding change. Don’t be afraid of changes, no matter how unexpected and difficult they may sometimes be. They are the stepping stones to new life experiences. Don’t let the fear of making a mistake prevent you from making any decision at all. You are not born to stay the same. You are born to evolve.
7. Comparing yourself to others. We are all different. And we all have our own unique journey. So, don’t bother trying to compete with other people. Life is not about winning or losing. It is about what you experience, what you learn from it and how much you grow.