Cracked feet, also known as heel fissures, are a common problem for people of all ages, mostly caused by lack of moisture.
Some of the signs and symptoms of cracked feet are red or flaky patches, peeling skin, itchiness, bleeding from the cracks and pain
Lemon juice has a very mild natural acidic property that can help get rid of dead and dry skin cells from your feet. It will also make your skin soft and beautiful.
- Add some lemon juice to warm water. Soak your feet in this solution for about 10 minutes. Gently scrub your feet with a soft foot brush. Wash and dry your feet completely and then apply some moisturizer.
Repeat a few times a week.
- Another option is to add the juice from one lemon to one teaspoon of petroleum jelly and apply this mixture to your dry and cracked heels. Before applying, it is essential to wash your feet and pat them dry. Follow this remedy once or twice daily.
- You can also create a foot scrub by mixing together five tablespoons of sea salt, one tablespoon of olive oil and juice from one lemon. Apply it on your cracked feet. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once or twice a week to get positive results
Overripe banana can be put to good use by blending them into a paste and applying on your cracked feet. They will help soften and moisturize your skin.
- Blend one or two overripe bananas in a blender to form a thick, creamy paste. You can also add half an avocado.
- Apply this paste on your feet.
- Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your feet thoroughly, alternating with lukewarm and cold water.
- Follow this remedy on a daily basis to prevent and treat dry and cracked heels.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another incredible remedy for dry, cracked feet. It helps moisturize your feet and also fights fungal and bacterial infections, thanks to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Before going to sleep, soak your feet in warm water and scrub with a loofah.
- Dry your feet thoroughly and then apply coconut oil generously on your feet.
- Put on a pair of clean, cotton socks for the night.
- The next morning, remove the socks and wash your feet.
- Do this daily for several days until you are satisfied with the results.
You can also use olive oil in the same way.