People tend to take care of their face and their skin, especially the parts of their skin that gets exposed, but then forget about certain parts of their bodies like their feet.
One can easily cover their feet with shoes, but how about in situations where you just have to be barefooted?
It’s important to take care of your feet, and these tips will help:
1. Always keep your feet dry and clean, especially after having your bath.
2. Cut your toe nails properly. Avoid trimming them too short and close to the skin and avoid keeping long toe nails that will breed germs.
3. Wear shoes that properly fit you. Wearing shoes that are too tight can cause long-term problems to your feet. Tight shoes can cause painful foot growth, worsen bunions and distort toe shape.
4. Only wear quality socks that will make your feet breath and that will also help prevent blisters.
5. Try to wash your feet regularly and properly; don’t forget to wash within your toes. And remember the first tip.
6. Moisturize your feet after washing.
7. To keep your feet strong and healthy, minimise the amount of time you wear shoes that lack supportive arches.
8. Air your shoes after wearing them so they won’t trigger foot odour and infections.
9. For ladies, wearing high heels regularly can damage the bones of your feet. Try to wear comfortable pair of shoes now and then.
10. Avoid sharing footwear with people; you can easily get fungal infection from sharing shoes with someone who has ‘bad’ feet.
11. Always remember to wear shoes or slippers in certain public areas. These places can easily breed fungi that can lead to infection.
Our feet are one of the most important parts of our body, but it’s unfortunate how we tend to take little care of them.