Babatunde Omidina simply known as Baba Suwe was a multi talented Nigerian Nollywood actor, majorly featured in Yoruba movies, until his death on Monday November 22, 2021, he was a delight to viewers.
Nigerians and Yoruba movie lovers will definitely have a strong connection with the actor due to his funny and comedic roles who has transcended into memes in recent times amongst the youths.
So we can safely say everyone had a feel of who Baba Suwe was when he was alive. Well, we have come out with five things about him.
- He was born and bred in Inabere Street in Lagos Island but hails from Ikorodu local government area of Lagos State, southwestern Nigeria.
- Baba Suwe had his primary education at Jamaitul Islamial Primary School in Lagos and Children Boarding School, Osogbo before he proceeded to Adekanbi Commercial High School in Mile 12, Lagos state but obtained the West African School Certificate from Ifeoluwa Grammar School in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State, southwestern Nigeria.
- Baba Suwe began acting in 1971 but came into limelight after he featured in a movie titled, Omolasan, a film produced by Obalende.
- He became more popular after he featured in Iru Esin, produced by Olaiya Igwe in 1997.He had featured and produced several Nigerian movies such as Baba Jaiye jaiye, a movie that featured Funke Akindele and Femi Adebayo.
- In 2011, he was accused of cocaine trafficking by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, an allegation that was described as false and defamatory by the ruling of the lagos high court of law.
- His Last Movie is a Series Written By His Son Adesola Omidina Titled: The Suwe’s Family Available on Youtube