Having the wrong partner in your relationship is not something to be taken lightly. It can break your heart, and worse, it can ruin your life, your future and even the people who are relying on you.
To guide you in recognizing the man sent by God for you, here are some signs from the Bible that you should watch out for.
1. He speaks the words of God: “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.” – John 3:34
The man that comes from God speaks the words of God. Hence, listen carefully to his words. We know that God speaks about love, kindness, compassion, patience and truthfulness. So if a guy is speaking of the opposite, then obviously he is not from Him.
2. He practices what he speaks: “My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.” – 1 John 3:18.
Words are futile without actions. So even though a man speaks the words of God, if he doesn’t practice them, you can conclude that he’s only pretending and not really the guy sent to you by the Heavens.
3. He doesn’t corrupt your good character: “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” – 1 Corinthians 15:33
God will not send you a partner who will destroy your good habits, attitude and whole character.
4. He forgives you: “Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.” – Colossians 3:13
Does he forgive you when you make mistakes or does he hold grudges in his heart? This is a question you should find an answer to know if he is from God or not
5. He makes sacrifices: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
The verse above tells that God made a great sacrifice to show His love to us. If a man truly loves you, he will also make sacrifices for you.