Salads are so fast-and-easy to make and if you combine a bunch of great ingredients, it simply cannot go wrong. You will enjoy it every time you make it!
However, there are a few methods that can get people on the wrong path to a great salad, no matter what the dressing is: whether it is a really calorie-dense one, or some not-so-great toppings (I’m just trying out some tortilla cheesy chips!)
I will tell you time and again that this salad is one of the best salads I have ever made. It has the right balance of sweet-and-savory stuff. You know it has to be great for you as well with ingredients as amazing as these ones. This is what makes this salad so especially healthy
These foods are known and praised for the great benefits they can provide for your health, which is why I take any chance to use them in new creative ways.
1. Mango fruit
You can find ‘a ton of reasons’ why this fruit is so good for you. Since this fruit is very sweet, I wouldn’t recommend to you to eat great quantities of it in a weeks’ time. But a few days here and there is just perfect! Mangos are packed with cancer-fighting antioxidants that have been known to kill certain types of cancers (such as breast, colon, and leukemia cancers especially). They also boost your immune strength, eye health, and lower you cholesterol levels.
2. Ginger root
When a spice belongs to the same family as turmeric, you know it has to be good for you. Similarly to turmeric, the ginger root powder is a powerhouse when it comes to your health. These are 3 of my reasons why I have included the ginger in my diet:
1. It fights chronic inflammation, which can lead to illness,
2. It fights and protects against cancer, and
3. It helps with the Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Cilantro spice
This is a herb that is used in many different cuisines for many different dishes. Whenever you are cooking or preparing meals with herbs like this one, you are just adding to it more delicious health benefits – no matter what the meal is! The cilantro spice happens to be one of my favorite herbs because it can be used to help our bodies flush out harmful heavy metals from our system.
This recipe makes 6 servings, and goes great with steamed or baked sea food, meat recipes, pasta, or even on its own for a light lunch or snack. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Mango – Ginger Salad Recipe
Here is everything you need to make this delicious and nutritious salad.
Ingredients for the dressing:
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
• ¼ cup of golden raisins
• 1 cup of boiling water
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons malt vinegar (or red-wine vinegar if you have gluten sensitivity)
• 1 fresh green Thai, serrano or small jalapeño chile, stemmed and finely chopped
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the salad:
• 1 large ripe but firm mango, peeled and diced
• 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 8 cups of mesclun, or other mixed baby salad greens
(Try buying whole heads of lettuce as they are cheaper, and you can store them easily)
1. To start with the dressing, place raisins and boiling water in a small bowl. Let them soften for half an hour or longer, and then drain thoroughly. Transfer the raisins to a blender. Add oil, vinegar, cilantro, ginger, chile and salt. Puree the stuff, scraping the sides as needed, until smooth. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
2. To prepare the salad, place the greens in a large bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Divide among 6 plates. Place mango and bell pepper in the bowl
3. Add the reserved tablespoon of dressing and toss to coat. Top the greens with the mango mixture. Serve immediately.