A man who was on a cruise with his wife was a little curious about an elderly lady who was sittingalone at a restaurant while waiting for her food to come. What surprised them even more is when they noticed that the staff, ship officers and the waiters seemed very familiar with the old lady.
He then asked a waiter about the old lady, he claims that he was expecting to hear that the old lady was the owner of the cruise.
But he was surprised when the waiter told him that the old lady was on board for the last fourcruises, back to back.
He then asked the lady about why she’s on board for the last four cruises.
The woman claims that riding a cruise is way cheaper than a nursing home.
“I have checked on reservations at Princess (cruise) and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:
1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.
2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day (of fantastic food, not institutional food) if I can waddle to the restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed every day of the week).
3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.
4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.
5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
6. I finally get to learn how to salsa!
7. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days!
8. TV broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress replaced? No problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your inconvenience.
9. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don’t even have to ask for them.
10. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare; if you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.
11. There is always a doctor on board.
All of these benefits that was stated by the old lady literally shocked him!