There are men in their 20s and 30s that still act like little kids, and they’re impossible to date because they’ll make you feel more like their babysitter than their girlfriend. That’s why you can’t settle for a boy — you need to find yourself a real man. They’re the only ones you’ll be able to sustain a successful relationship with because they know who they are, what they want, and how to get it. How can you tell the difference? It’s easy!
1. He has plans for his future. A man saves his money so he can buy a car and a house of his own. If he hasn’t landed his dream job yet, he’ll be putting all of his effort into finding one that’ll be able to support him and the lifestyle he wants to maintain. Meanwhile, a boy would rather leach off of his parents so he can play video games all day long.
2. He values personality over looks. Boys want to sleep with pretty girls so they have something to brag about to their friends. Men want to find a woman with an amazing personality so he can show her off on his wedding day.
3. He’ll compromise with you. Boys will throw a fit if they don’t get their way, but men are willing to compromise with their partners so that they both end up happy. They know that your opinion is just as important as their own, which is why they’re always willing to talk things through with you.
4. He owns an “adult” wardrobe. Boys only own clothes picked out by their mothers. Men might have a few hoodies in their closets, but they also own suits and ties. They know they need professional clothing, just in case they need to attend an important meeting or event.
5. He keeps his word. Boys will make promises left and right just to keep you happy, but of course they never end up keeping them. On the flip side, men will always do what they say they’re going to do. You can rely on them because they’d never lie to your face.
6. He’s responsible. Boys let their parents cook and clean for them, and even expect it. Men don’t need anyone to take care of them because they’re capable of surviving on their own. They’re self-sufficient and take pride in looking after themselves.
7. He won’t let others influence him. Boys will do anything that they’re dared to do by their buddies. Men won’t mind being made fun of for “being whipped.” They don’t take anything that their friends say too seriously, because they know that their relationship is none of their friends’ business.
8. He treats women with respect. Boys tell disrespectful, sexist jokes about women making sandwiches. Meanwhile, men respect all of the women in their life. It doesn’t matter if he’s speaking to his mother, his sister, or a random waitress — he treats them all like equals.
9. He’s comfortable expressing his emotions. Boys think that crying shows weakness, but real men know that it’s healthy to express their emotions, especially when they’re in a relationship. Otherwise, how will you know how they’re feeling and help them fix it?
10. He doesn’t play any games. Boys will play hard to get and send you mixed messages to confuse you. A man will tell you that he likes you. He’ll ask you out on a date and make his feelings for you clear. He won’t waste his time messing with you, because he’d rather be in a relationship with you.