Facial skin is almost impossible to be perfectly cleaned with preparations for cleansing and washing, but then again there is the procedure for face steaming, an ancient method of skin care which is almost completely forgotten.
Russian MTV presenter, Anita Bhoumik, reminds us of the face steaming method, due to which she has a perfectly clean face.
To open the pores, put your face under a towel and over hot water for a couple of minutes. But be careful that it’s not too hot to burn you. Then, follow by washing your face.
The effect is much better than just washing your face, since all of your pores are open for cleansing.”- explained Anita for The Huffington Post the method she learned from her father.
Despite all the technologies and different products today, the method of face steaming, used by the ancient Romans, is still very efficient skin care procedure.
The advantages are numerous – it opens pores, removes dead cells, helps against acne and problematic complexion and improves circulation.
That is why,you should cleanse your face with steamfor at least two weeks, and do it in the following way:
- First, clean the face from dirt and make-up as you usually do;
- Put your face over the boiled, steaming water (but not too close);
- Put a large towel over your head;
- Stay in this position for a few minutes;
- If you want you can “spice” the water with some calming tea, like chamomile;
- Wash your face with cold water and apply facial cream.
If you have skin diseases which cause redness, if your skin is prone to redness or you have sensitive capillaries, don’t use this method.
Also, if you feel any inconvenience during steaming, stop the procedure immediately.